What is BMAP?
The Bank Marketing Association of the Philippines (BMAP) is an organization of banking institutions which seeks to upgrade the practice of bank marketing in the country.
BMAP was organized on February 27, 1974. It was duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 19, 1974 as a non-stock, non-profit organization. It has grown into a membership of some 46 banking institutions over the last 25 years.
What are its objectives?
BMAP aims to:
- Develop, support, and implement educational programs so that those engaged in bank marketing may advance their professional skills and abilities.
- Develop, support, and implement training programs to promote the marketing discipline among bank personnel at all levels.
- Devise and implement methods to determine and satisfy public needs and improve relations with the public served by the banking institutions.
- Collect and disseminate information for the use of the banking community in the furtherance of these objectives.
- Provide opportunities for the exchange of information through meetings and seminars, and through cooperation with other related associations, agencies, and societies.
- Undertake other programs and activities to enhance and promote the welfare of the banking industry, the profession of bank marketing, and the social and economic priorities of our country.
How are these objectives attained?
BMAP conducts various activities in line with its objectives. These include:
- General Membership Meetings (GMMs). Held monthly and feature guest speakers who discuss various aspects of and issues affecting bank marketing.
- Fellowship gatherings. Held to foster bonding, promote camaraderie and exchange of ideas among bank marketers.
- Seminars, workshops, and other learning events. Training seminars, workshops, and related activities on bank marketing and other related topics are periodically held and attended by BMAP members, as well as other officers and staff of BMAP member-banks.
- National Convention. Since 1994, BMAP has been organizing its biennial national conventions with local and foreign speakers speaking about banking trends, technology, and strategies. This activity puts in focus BMAP’s critical role in the advancement of bank marketing.
- Marketing Intelligence. Via BMAP’s website and social media channels.