What is BMAP?
The Bank Marketing Association of the Philippines or BMAP is an organization of banking institutions which seeks to upgrade the practice of bank marketing in the country.
BMAP was organized on February 27, 1974. It was duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 19, 1974 as a non-stock, non-profit organization. It has grown into a membership of some 46 banking institutions over the last 25 years.
What is its Vision?
BMAP aims to be a globally-respected association of experts in the field of bank marketing
What is its Mission?
BMAP’s mission statement has the following components:
1. We champion marketing in the banking industry.
2. We are recognized by the key associations in all programs relating to
3. We are the voice of the banking industry on matters concerning customer
4. We are committed to the development of our members as bank marketing
experts through relevant programs and interaction.
What Are Its Objectives?
BMAP has the following objectives:
1. To develop, support, and implement educational programs so that those
engaged in bank marketing may advance their professional skills and abilities.
2. To develop, support, and implement training programs to promote the
marketing concept among bank personnel at all levels.
3. To devise and exectuate methods of determining and satisfying public needs
and to continue improvement of relations with the public served by the banking
4. To collect and disseminate information for the use of the banking community
in the furtherance of these objectives.
5. To provide opportunities for the exchange of information through meetings
and seminars, and through cooperation with other related associations,
agencies, and societies.
6. To undertake such other programs and activities as may be proper to
enhance and promote the welfare of the banking industry, the profession of
bank marketing and the social and economic priorities of our country.
How Are These Objectives Attained?
BMAP conducts various activities in line with its objectives. These include:
1. General Membership Meetings. These are held monthly and generally
feature guest speakers who discuss various aspects of and issues affecting bank
2. Fellowship Gatherings. Regular fellowships are held to allow those engaged
in bank marketing to know one another better as well as exchange ideas. These
foster bonding and promote camaraderie among bank marketers.
3. Seminars, Workshops, and Other Learning Events.Training seminars,
workshops, and related activities on bank marketing and other related topics
are periodically held and attended by BMAP members, as well as other offcers
and staff of BMAP member-banks.
4. National Convention. Since 1994, BMAP has been organizing its biennial
national conventions with invited local and foreign speakers on banking trends,
technology, and strategies. This activity puts in focus BMAP’s critical role in the
advancement of bank marketing.
5. Marketing Intelligence. BMAP’s website www.bmap.org features news
about the association’s activities as well as reference materials for the members
such as the currently in development sites on supplier rating and marketing
6. Advocacies. BMAP is supporting the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’s “Banking
on Your Future” program. It is also spearheading the awareness generation of
and patronage of the Service Code for Consumer Banking in the Philippines.
These activities are carried out by different committees. Chairmanship and
composition of these committees come from the general membership of BMAP.
These activities are carried out by different committees. Chairmanship and composition of these committees come from the general membership of BMAP.